CNSST Foundation ‘Thriving ethnic community, empowered ethnic people’ Project
January 2022 to November 2022
Under the auspice of Auckland Council Regional Development Fund, CNSST propose to lead and build this thriving ethnic community by coordinating three hubs:
- Community engagement Hub for regional information updates, information sharing,
support for civic participation, and social inclusion to reach the hard to reach communities,
e.g. seniors, ethnic communities with cultural and language barriers; targeting 20 groups
and 1000 ethnic community members.
- Community Capability and Resilience Hub for training, networking, confidence
building, wellbeing support to support the hard-to-reach communities, e.g. seniors, ethnic
communities with cultural and language barriers; targeting 100 ethnic whanau.
- Volunteer and Employment Hub to increase social inclusion and social participation
through community leadership, volunteering and employment opportunities; targeting 100
volunteers’/job seekers and 50 business groups.
1) The ethnic communities are thriving through enhanced connection, capability building,
2) The empowered ethnic people are socially included and willing to take part in democracy.
3) The hard-to-reach communities are connected through information and wellbeing
support, which contributes to social inclusion.
4) Volunteerism is valued and supported with participation in project planning and
delivering, benefiting from training and employment opportunities.
Manager, Education and Settlement